Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Some new music (to me, at least)

Something kinda cool happened to me and my little blog a few weeks ago. Not long after I posted my iTunes Top 25 (which no doubt has already changed), I received an email from a PR person at a record label. No doubt, it was the person who gets the secretary's coffee or something like that but still. It means someone other than my darling family is reading this (but I do love you guys, really).
But anywho, according to the email, this woman is from Ingrid Michaelson's label, which is incredibly cool, since I love her. The email was essentially along the lines of "if you like her, check this guy out!" Again, I find it very cool that they would think my opinion matters even a little bit, but I'll move on. I checked the guy out. And it turns out, he's pretty cool.
His name is David Ford and he released his second album, "Songs For The Road," a few months ago on Original Signal Recordings.
His label compares him a bit to Conor Oberst but what really sets him apart is the fact that he plays every single instrument himself and loops each one individually. This is the video for his song "Go to Hell," which I'm particularly fond of. I'm told the video was shot in one take with not instrumental help. Now that's talent. Check it out.



Oh, almost forgot to mention. If you wanna download the entire album, it's currently available on iTunes.

No comments: