Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Dollyrots

I mentioned in my last post all the goodies I got when my friend went to Bust's anniversary party. One of the things in there was a CD sampler from Blackheart Records, a label founded by Joan Jett. That, right off the bat, gives major cool points. Well anyway, over the weekend I finally got around to listening to it. All the bands on it rocked, but I have to single out The Dollyrots.
Put simply, this band is absolutely amazing. Fronted by Kelly Ogden, they have an awesome Punk sound that I love.
Seeing as how their first album was released in 2004 and their newest album, "Because I'm Awesome," was released more than a year ago, I'm sure there are plenty of people reading this thinking "what the hell is she talking about? There's nothing new about The Dollyrots." Well, if you're one of the people who's known about them for a while all I'm gonna say is, lucky you.
But for the rest of you, check out the video for my new favorite song, "Brand New Key."

No comments: