Tuesday, July 8, 2008

This blog

Let me just start by saying that the title of this blog is not, by any means, a self-proclamation. It's a nickname I was given by a friend because basically, I'm that friend who is always recommending new music, suggesting a new book or telling you to go watch some really random (but ultimately awesome) movie.
The idea for this blog started out as just that. A place for me to make those suggestions. And without me sitting there to pester you, readers (all two of you) can take or leave my suggestions as you like. But I don't intend for this to be just that. I'd like this blog to be just as varied as I am as a person.
Yes, in large part, I'll be writing about books, music, movies and things because that is a large part of who I am. But I'll also be writing about my own artistic adventures and experiments, among them, writing, knitting, cooking and whatever else strikes my fancy at the time. (Full disclosure here: you may at some point be subjected to reading some of my own attempts at poetry)
The way I see it, nothing is out of bounds here. Partly because, well, it's my blog. And partly because isn't variety really what culture is all about?

2 comments:

thespinninghand said...

congratulations Katie! May this blog be the beginning of a beautiful creative adventure. ;0)

jrzylioness said...

love this katie!!!