Monday, July 21, 2008

I'm such a slacker

OK, I know. I was totally MIA last week... but I got a little distracted preparing for a new addition to our family (relax family members, I'm talking about a second cat). So anyway, she's arrived and she's now settling in. Her name is June and Cassidy is still trying to decide if she likes her. And since I'm still catching up a little... I'm being lazy today. Here's the songs currently in my top 25 most played on my iPod... maybe you'll find something new you like:

25. Running on Sunshine - Jesus Jackson... got this from one of the Grey's Anatomy soundtracks. It has quickly become my favorite song to take on my run. It has the perfect beat for it.

24. Shut Up and Let Me Go - The Ting Tings... the aforementioned iPod commercial favorite...

23. Anyone Else But You - The Moldy Peaches... from the Juno soundtrack. It's quickly becoming a favorite.

22. Shame for You - Lily Allen... seriously, love her. Somehow telling someone to eff off doesn't sound quite so bitchy when it's done with a quite proper British accent.

21. New Soul - Yael Naim... talked about this one before too. It's from the commercial for the thin Macbook.

20. Sea of Love - Cat Power... Juno soundtrack again... I'm telling you, good movie soundtracks are an awesome way to find new bands you've never heard of.

19. All I Want is You - Barry Louis Polisar- Juno again... noticing a pattern yet?

18. Hush - Deep Purple... not nearly as random as it seems if you know me

17. Mercy - Duffy... this one's been pretty popular lately... it's actually pretty rare for me, but I'm in a period of actually finding really good new music on the radio!

16. We Belong - Pat Benatar... an oldie but a goodie...

15. Southern Cross - Crosby, Stills, and Nash... a classic... no other way to put it

14. Knock 'Em Out - Lily Allen... I won't force you to listen to any more of my Lily Allen worship, I promise.

13. Stay With You - John Legend... Just a really beautiful, soulful love song... I've already decided this will one day be my wedding song... the groom has no say.

12. Merry-go-Round - Antje Duvekot... totally random, but I discovered this song because it was used in a Bank of America commercial.

11. Sweetest Girl - Wyclef... another radio find... I'm telling you, z100 is on fire lately!

10. Love In This Club - Usher... Say what ya want... I just can't get enough of this man...

9. Shake It - Metro Station.... this is a good "I'm driving alone and it's Friday and I have way too much energy" kinda song...

8. The Way I Am - Ingrid Michaelson... oh man, so sweet... a very folksy, totally simple love song. Short and sweet and to the point. (and ya gotta love a girl who promises to buy her guy rogaine if he goes bald!)

7. Love is Gone - David Guetta... another good dancing in the car tune

6. No One's Gonna Love You - Band of Horses... heard this on an episode of One Tree Hill

5. Sweet Pea - Amos Lee... OK I've always liked this song... but then I saw that Cingular Wireless commercial and it totally just killed me.

4. New York Groove - Kiss... been in the mood for this song constantly since I moved back up north.

3. I Kissed a Girl - Katy Perry... I think what I like about this is that it's nothing like all the Britney types...

2. With You - Chris Brown... another radio find... go z100!

1. The Story - Brandi Carlisle... Oh...my... god... that's all I can say about this song... brings me to tears every single time...

OK... that's it for now... Happy downloading, and let me know what you think of my picks (that means leave comments, dammit!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For you... I put this radio station together based on your list.

Radio based on your favorites