Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A little creepy

I started a new book recently. Well, I use the word started loosely because I'm about halfway through it. It's called The Almost Moon, by Alice Sebold. I really want to like it because I love her as a writer. I thought the Lovely Bones was amazing (and if they ruin it when they turn it into a movie, I'll cry!).
But truth be told, The Almost Moon is sort of creeping me out... without being a total spoiler, the book is essentially about a woman who kills her elderly mother. And I can't fully describe it because it's not something I've ever experienced with a book before, but it almost makes me feel uncomfortable to read it.
I am determined to finish it, though because well, I'm just not one of those people who abandons books. So I'll report back on this one when I get through it.

No comments: